To ensure all employees, contractors and third parties respect the privacy of all individuals and businesses.
Mobile Booth are bound by the Privacy Act 1988.
Mobile Booth are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients, employees, agents and all individual/company engaged with us. We ensure that any and all information collected by our business will be protected and only used for the purposes for which is relevant.
So we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of service to you. To comply with any law or regulation and/or in cooperation with any government authority.
We will collect data through the means of email, post, website cookies, advertisement responses, clients, government agencies, and any other third party we engage in.
While Mobile Booth will maintain confidentiality, an clients or employees information may be used for the purpose to confirm your application details with a third party. No third party will be contacted without first receiving permission from the employee or client.
Mobile Booth is committed to:
- Adopting principles to protect personal information of our employees, clients, contractors or any individual/company engaged with us.
- Ensure our personnel adhere to this policy.
- Ensure all personnel, agents or contractors are aware of this policy.
- Investigate any misuse of information, and take corrective action to prevent any reoccurrence.
Where you believe there is a non-compliance with the Privacy Act 1988:
- Individuals will complain directly to Mobile Booth
- Where the complaint is not resolved, the Privacy Commissioner can intervene.
- The company may be required to pay damages or ordered to take specific action such as issuing a public apology or trade practice penalties could be imposed.